Welcome Back Sauble Golfer!
Happy Spring everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe during these crazy times. I’d like to begin by introducing myself. My name is Evan Kilimnik and I’m the new owner of Sauble Golf and Bogey’s Pub. I would like to thank Paul and Ellen Farrow for all their help during the transition. They continue to be there for any questions and assistance we need and we’re all greatly appreciative. I got the chance to meet a lot of you in the fall but for those of you I haven’t met, I look forward to seeing you soon! I grew up in Woolwich, ON and went to college in Barrie for Golf Facilities Operations Management. Since graduating I have had the pleasure of working at three of Canada’s top golf courses and have learned a lot to prepare myself for this adventure. I can’t put into words how excited I am to be here, let’s get through this difficult situation together and have a great 2020 golf season!
As the warmer weather approaches and the flowers begin to bloom, it is hard not to think of golf and getting outside to enjoy the fresh air.
Unfortunately for us, golf courses in Ontario are deemed non essential and have been mandated to close until further notice.
During this unprecedented time dealing with COVID 19, we feel it is important to stay connected and informed with our members and community.
The latest news from NGCOA:
We are being updated on a regular basis from the NGCOA with the latest information relating to the status of golf courses in Canada.
The NGCOA have listed safety protocols for golf courses to take in order to ensure the safety of the golfers and staff. We are working hard to ensure we can have these safety measures in place and the golf course ready to go as soon as they allow us to get out and play.
· Eliminate any walk-ups or cash payments by accepting only online or call ahead pre-paid green fees.
· Golfers to wait in their cars until told that they can tee off.
· Clubhouse dining rooms will remain closed.
· Food & beverage can be provided on a takeout basis as per government regulations.
· Social distancing will be enforced for all golfers. There will be no close interaction amongst golfers (ie – no hand shaking, touching golf balls, clubs, pin, etc.)
· People can only play with the group the booked as no “pairing” or “joining” of other groups will be allowed
· Increase tee-time intervals to further increase the social distancing protocols
· Eliminate club rentals
· Eliminate push-cart rentals
· Eliminate power-cart rentals
· Eliminate scorecards and pencils
· Remove ball washers or tape them shut
· Remove or disconnect water fountains or coolers; consider offering bottled water only
· Remove bunker rakes
· Increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting all locations golfers may come in contact with
How does the course look?
The course looks great! Jack and some of his team are currently working, keeping the turf healthy, getting all of our equipment tuned-up and standing by for when Sauble Golf gets the okay to resume operations.
Bogey’s Pub Pick-up and Delivery - (519) 422-FOOD (3663)
As some of you may already know, Bogey’s Pub now does curbside take-out and delivery. From Thursday to Saturday, 5pm-8pm we will offer this service. You can find our full menu at www.saublegolf.com. We will also be having weekly specials posted on social media. If you have any questions please call 519-422-1052 or to place an order call 519-422-FOOD (3663)
We are pleased to announce that we have extended our partnership with Golf Town. Going forward, we will be dealing with Scott Zettel and the team at Golf Town Kitchener. I have spent time working with this group as both a sales associate and a sales rep for Cobra/PUMA golf and I’m very excited to be working together moving forward.
We are so grateful for the returning staff, Bert, Jake, Jeff, John, Patty and Scott. You will also see a couple new faces in the pro shop including myself and Tracy Oksanen.
The 10 Pack is Back! These are available in both walking and riding.
We are in the final stages of building a new on-line store. Once this is up and running, we will send you a link to go in and have a browse. Our new On-Line Sauble Golf Shop will give you access to pay before you arrive for all your golfing needs. 2020 Memberships, game packs, gift cards, and all soft goods including balls, tees and gloves.
We all share an incredible passion for golf and we can’t wait to get back golfing when the time is right. Until then stay safe, enjoy family time and maybe work on your indoor putting and chipping.